With the floor now dry enough for work to continue in the kitchen diner, the builders moved onto the next phase of the project. The exciting phase, the putting back together phase.
The builders sub-contracted the plastering and it has to be said, he didn’t do a great job. If we had hired him, we would have asked him back to finish the job properly, but the builders decided to cut their losses and finish the job themselves. So they set about filling and sanding all the walls. We are hoping that after a few coats of paint it will all look fine!
Next up was second fix electrics and plumbing. We decided to have spot lights over the kitchen area and a single pendant over the dining area. We also had to think about the location of plug sockets, forcing us to commit to our kitchen design.
For the radiators we decided to go for traditional column, but unlike the living room and master bedroom we decided against the dark grey, anthracite colour. Partly due to cost (anthracite adds a third to the cost of an already expensive radiator) but also, like the bathroom, we wanted a cleaner look for the kitchen diner so went for white.
All starting to take shape!